Diane is an Associate with Hyas, with over 25 years overall experience, across development management and planning policy in both district and unitary councils. She most recently worked for 15 years at Milton Keynes Council where she was responsible for the preparation of development plan documents, supplementary planning documents and led the department’s work on neighbourhood planning.
Diane has led on the preparation of site specific policy documents relating to a number of Milton Keynes urban extensions including the Western Expansion Area, (6,600 homes), the Strategic Land Allocation (2,900 homes) and the South East Plan’s South West Development Area (c 5,400 homes), co-ordinating the cross boundary work (with Aylesbury Vale) at both officer and member level. She has considerable experience of consultation and engagement as part of plan making, is politically aware and able to forge strong working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
Diane has extensive knowledge of neighbourhood planning having led Milton Keynes Council’s work on this since 2011. She has supported parish councils in the preparation of their plans, including the Central Milton Keynes Business Neighbourhood Plan, providing advice on all stages of neighbourhood plan preparation and co-ordinating the local authority’s regulatory duties.
- Policy preparation and implementation particularly for large strategic sites, including preparation of SPDs and Development Frameworks
- Placemaking & masterplanning for strategic sites
- Extensive experience of neighbourhood planning and supporting local councils in undertaking work on neighbourhood plans.
- Considerable experience of consultation and engagement as part of plan making,
- Strong local government political awareness and able to forge strong working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Mobile: 07795 617483