Geoff is an Associate with Hyas, having worked for a number of Councils across the South & East of England providing support and guidance in relation to Civil Engineering, Transport Planning and placemaking. He is a Civil Engineer with over 30 years overall experience, across sustainable travel, transport strategy development, engineering, travel planning, mediation, development management, planning policy and infrastructure planning.
Geoff has worked at a senior level both in planning consultancy and in an advisory capacity to Councils and developers. He has good knowledge of the planning and development process from a range of viewpoints and is able to relate to multiple stakeholders. He has a Civil Engineering degree, Masters in transport appraisal and a diploma in marketing. He understands both the personal factors influencing transport choices and behaviour, as well as the construction and practical issues relating to implementation of transport initiatives and improvements.
Geoff previously worked as transport and placemaking specialist at the Advisory Team for Large Applications (ATLAS) in the Homes & Communities Agency and advised on several projects including North West Cambridge and Gilston, Harlow.
- Champion for sustainable travel & movement
- Transport strategy development
- Civil engineering
- Mediation & brokerage
- Transport as part of development management and planning policy
- Implementation of transport initiatives and improvements.
- Active travel, behaviour change and travel planning
- Research & best practice
- Stakeholder and external relationship management
- Infrastructure planning, programming and funding
- Project management and governance.