- Project: Training & Capacity Building
- Location: Nationwide
- Client: Trevor Roberts Associates
- Accommodation: n/a
- Planning authority: Multiple Councils
- Started: 2018
- Completed: Ongoing
Hyas are working with Trevor Roberts Associates (TRA) to deliver a number of specific training modules.
Hyas have worked to deliver training events to individual Councils and/or groups of Councils across the following areas:
- Securing Place Quality & Design: to provide participants with an understanding of how to guide and secure place and design quality at each stage of the planning process from site identification and plan-making to design guidance, masterplans and planning applications.
- An introduction to delivering large sites and new settlements: to explore the challenges and issues involved in creating new communities, considering good practice from around the country, looking at urban extensions and free-standing settlements.
- An introduction to masterplanning: to run through approaches to masterplanning, levels of detail and its role as part of the planning and design process.
- CIL, S106 and viability: to review the roles and considerations relating to capturing developer contributions to support the delivery of infrastructure and planning objectives.
Hyas also deliver an annual national conference for TRA, with the 2020 event to be held in November entitled ‘Considering Climate Change for New Communities‘.
More information on the courses and to book places at these and other events please visit the TRA website.