- Project: St Cuthbert’s Garden Village – Design Code Pathfinder
- Location: Carlisle
- Client: Carlisle City Council
- Accommodation: 10000+ new homes
- Planning authority: Carlisle City Council
- Started: March 2022
- Completed: Ongoing until May 2023
Hyas are leading a multi-disciplinary team on behalf of Carlisle City Council, to prepare a Design Code for St. Cuthbert’s Garden Village, as part of the National Model Design Code Pathfinder Programme. The Code seeks to:
- explore key design and placemaking themes;
- develop the masterplanning work undertaken to date to ensure it’s ultimately deliverable;
- build on earlier engagement with communities and landowners;
- positively influence early delivery;
- inform the policies of the emerging local plan with greater clarity towards placemaking and design; and
- share experience across the country.
Hyas are supporting Carlisle City Council in preparing a new design code for St Cuthbert’s Garden Village, as part of the DLUHC Design Code Pathfinder programme. Hyas are leading a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Open and Civic Engineers, together with a number of consultancies already engaged on St Cuthbert’s, to produce a ground breaking Design Code, that will look to define and guide the quality of future sustainable development expected in St Cuthbert’s.
The Hyas team are leading on overall project management, engagement, design and delivery strategy and net zero aspects.
The code will build on the award winning Strategic Design Guide that Hyas have already prepared for the City Council and will explore how the design code content can be embedded in the emerging Local Plan.