Connecting Garden Communities Challenge: 2022 Charity
Hyas are committed to fundraise to support Crisis, a charity that offers direct help to people facing homelessness and we hope you can join us by making a donation and/or taking part in a challenge! For more information on Crisis visit www.crisis.org.uk.
In our Connecting Garden Communities Challenge we aim to cover the distance between the 5 Garden Communities that Hyas are supporting: St Cuthberts Garden Village in Carlisle, Aylesbury Garden Town, the Tendring Colchester Borders Garden Community, North Dorchester Garden Community and Culm Garden Village in Mid Devon). Our target is to connect them together, a total distance of 750 miles, by taking part in various challenges throughout 2022 to smash the 750 miles and maybe get way beyond! We’re going to do whatever it takes – run, walk, cycle, row and swim to reach our target!
We would very much welcome anyone else who would like to get involved – either from any of the 5 projects listed above, or anyone else working on other Garden Communities across the country.
If you can get involved then you could set your own individual or small team challenge and add to the mileometer and fundraising pot. Create your own JustGiving page by visiting the ‘Team Hyas’ via this link https://www.justgiving.com/team/teamhyas and select ‘Join the team‘ in the top right just above the fundraising target image. You can then set up your own fundraising page and link it to the team.
Hyas will support you in your fundraising events and will make a sponsorship donation to anyone who sets themselves up and links to our team.
We will track all the events taking place, our overall progress on meeting the mileage and share progress via this page and social media pages. Please let us know your fundraising event and we will add a donation and help to promote your activity.
And of course we would always welcome donations to and from anyone – links are provided below to the individuals taking part and their fundraising pages.
|Danielle Nevin||Manchester half marathon||22nd May 2022||Danni’s page|
|Andie Cizkova||Manchester half marathon||22nd May 2022||Andie’s page|
|Gail Valentine||Walk 1 million steps in 90 days||Summer 2022||Gail’s page|
|Jim Fox||Summer of Running||Summer 2022||Jim’s page|
|Rob Smith||Calfman Duathlon||October 2022||Rob’s page|
|Julian Pye||Julian’s Summer Tour of Garden Communities||Summer 2022||Julian’s page|
If you are interested, but not sure what could be your challenge, how about these as some ideas:
- Half Marathon/Marathon
- Walking distance or step challenge (5k, 10k etc)
- Cycling / Rowing or other physical activity
- Swimming challenge (lengths or maybe swim the Channel (22 miles) in your local pool
- Mountain walking/climbing such as the Three peaks challenge or another hiking challenge
- Triathlon/Tough Mudder/Spartan/Iron Man (maybe that’s pushing things!)
- Or if you’d rather take things a little slower and concentrate on raising funds outside of the mileage challenge then we’d love you to join us, maybe a cake bake/coffee morning, crafting or quiz night – all money raised will be added to the big fundraising pot. You can also join one of Crisis own organised events run throughout the year by checking out their fundraising page www.crisis.org.uk/get-involved/fundraise/.
If you need any help setting up a JustGiving page, fundraising ideas or any other info on how to add funds to the Hyas charity pot for Crisis then please get in touch with Gail Valentine.