Steve is a founding Director of Hyas Associates, specialising in supporting the delivery of large sale, residential led projects. He is a Chartered Town Planner, with over 30 years’ experience in planning and development, working in a number of local authorities and with the with the HCA’s Advisory Team for Large Applications for ten years. During Steve’s time with ATLAS, he worked on over 40 large scale projects across the country, advising on a number of Garden Towns and Villages across England, focussing on supporting their delivery through the planning process.
In his role with Hyas Associates, Steve is supporting a number of active, large scale developments and is currently working with Aylesbury Vale District Council and Buckinghamshire County Council to progress their proposals to transform Aylesbury into a Garden Town. Over his career, Steve has developed particular skills in managing large scale development projects through the planning process; advising on policy approaches to strategic sites; masterplanning; building capacity to deal with large projects; and the deliverability of quality places
- Private and public sector background
- Masterplanning and placemaking
- Delivery mechanisms
- Governance and project management
- Government funding and bidding processes
- Planning process including S106/review mechanisms
- Planning Policy development;
- Pre Application working & PPAs
- External relationship management
- Leading and managing teams
- Staff management, coaching and development
- Public speaking and community engagement.
- Mobile: 07795 291246